Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Who is your Idol?

Even though I hate paying my Comcast bill each month, this time of year makes it all worthwhile. Yes, I am referring to American Idol. The show where everyday people bridge the gap between celebrities and the rest of us. So who will be our new baby celebrity this year...we shall find out.

Last night and tonight the top 24 performed, and I must say...they should have been a little more bold with their performances. I thought as a whole the performances were a little slow. Still good, but could have been better. The judges, Simon especially did not miss a chance to remind the contestants that this is a contest and if they want to win, they need to step it up and stand out among the group. Thank you Simon for putting fear in all theirs eyes to do better, and thank you to the newest Idol judge, Ellen DeGeneres for encouraging everyone and reminding them about star power. Because let's face it, average people do not really know how exactly to be a star.

Since my love for American Idol is more than I can handle, I have decided to share it with you. This year, I've decided to rank each performance throughout the show for voting purposes. I have used a simple 1-10 scale. 1 being me singing in my car by myself and 10 being Carrie Underwood performing any of her top ten hits. The past few nights Idols have been all over the place, but no one joined me or Carrie.

So here are my top 3 ladies and top 3 gentlemen...

for the ladies:
Didi Benami
Michelle Delamore
Katelyn Epperly

for the fellas:
Michael Lynche (whom I will refer to as Big Daddy Mike)
Casey James
Andrew Garcia

As for making it into my personal top 3, these Idols should know that does not mean they will stay there. They will be competing each week for the privilege, and I will inform you who I think should continue on in the game. Who knows, maybe I'll be the one to replace Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment