Sunday, February 21, 2010

Saturday with Tara and Steph

It all started with a few clinks while Tara and I were on our way to the outlets to enjoy a lovely Saturday in Charleston...

And we say, "what was that?" Tara..."sounds like you just hit a small animal." To which I look in the rear view mirror and see nothing in the road. So I'm sure it was nothing. Right? WRONG.

Upon returning to the car, I nearly had a heart attack and immediately felt as if the only thing worse right now would be if my other three wheels had spinners one them. This is what those "few clinks" were....
Yes. Hubcap. Wheel-cover. Whatever you prefer. I now like to call it My Hub.

We immediately went into crisis mode trying to figure out what to do. I was thankful to have just purchased an adorable pair of large sunglasses to avoid people's stares at the Hub. Tara preceded to point out other Hubs (or lack there of) to assure me it's not that bad. So I asked what one of the drivers of a hubless car looked like and she said...well never mind her exact comment, we'll just say, the lady didn't look like me.

We were on a quest to find the Hub. And this is what friends are truly for.I had just seen half of a hubcap and was quite upset when...Tara spotted the Hub, My Hub, across the road. We immediately did a U-turn (legally) and Tara ran out into the road to save it!

For this I am SO SO thankful, because without Tara, this could be the Galant or my new group of friends...
Although I was hopeful that this would most definitely NOT be me or the Galant, there was still the problem of how to get the Hub back on the car. (Three of the little things to hold it to the wheel are no longer there. Probably because the poor little Hub got run over.)

What exactly are the ingredients for reapplying a broken hubcap you ask? Well if you were to come to Steph's 'We Can and Will Fix Anything' Garage, this is what you would see.That is...paper towels and windex for cleaning, a pair of scissors, some rope, and a roll of PINK duct tape.

Step 1 of reapplying your hubcap:Loop the rope through any part of the tire that makes sense.

Step 2 (unfortunately not pictured due to greasy hands): apply duct tape, preferably a fun color, to the inside part of the hubcap. Apply hubcap to the wheel. Be sure to pull rope through Hub in preparation for step 3.

Step 3: Tie rope around hubcap. Double loop through for more stability if you desire.And there you go. As simple as 1-2-3! Your new Hub.

Thanks for choosing Steph's. We CAN and WILL Fix Anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment