Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So I see what all the fuss is about...

Do they dates March 20th or June 30th ring a bell to you?

Well, they do to me! Or at least now they do. March 20, 2010 is the date New Moon will be released on DVD. This I could not be more excited about with one and only one exception...June 30, 2010 is the date Eclipse will be released to theaters!!

Yes, I have been sucked into the Twilight Saga. I love everything about it. As promised the other day, I am informing you that I have finished reading the Twilight series: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. I now wish that vampires existed in my world and that I could be one. And hopefully I would have a really awesome talent like Edward, reading minds or Alice, seeing the future. I can only dream. And yes, I will probably dream.

When I first heard about these books a few years ago, I thought they sounded so ridiculous. I swore I would not read them or give into this obvious obsession with vampires. I was wrong.

Last March, Twilight (the movie) came out on DVD while I was on spring break with some of my best friends...who love Twilight. We decided to go to a release party at Hot Topic, we assumed they would be best prepared to host a vampire party. We were right. I willingly went along and enjoyed every bit of it even though I had ZERO clue what all these people were obsessed with. So we left the party with Twilight and glitter all over us (vampires sparkle in the sunlight so this was necessary). Upon returning home we watched the movie and this was my first ever experience with Twilight.

The movie had a very slow start and the acting was not so great, but at the end, I did understand why people liked it so much. Or I at least thought I did.

This past November, my same friends came to visit me for the premier of New Moon. We went, at midnight, dressed in shirts dedicate to Edward Cullen to see the 2nd part of the saga. I again, had no idea what to expect. And again, I loved it.

Needless to say, after seeing half of the story on DVD and in theaters, I decided it was time for me to see what the real story was. I got the Twilight Saga about six weeks ago, and finished reading it the other day. It was impossible not to fall completely for the characters and the ridiculous plot of the story. Only now do I see what all the fuss is about!

1 comment: