Friday, October 14, 2011

update...the big one.

I feel like my life somewhat resembles my computer and here are a couple reasons why:

1. I never understand it.
2. I always select "remind me later" when it asks for updates.

So here is later and here is an update for you people.

I have officially been released into the real world. No longer do I check student when filling out important documents. People now ask me "what do you do" as opposed to "where are you in school." {still have not decided how I feel about that one} To answer the question...I am finally an occupational therapist.

To save you one Google, Wikipedia says this..."The role of an occupational therapist is to work with a client to help them achieve a fulfilled and satisfied state in life through the use of "purposeful activity or interventions designed to achieve functional outcomes which promote health, prevent injury or disability and which develop, improve, sustain or restore the highest possible level of independence."

Behind the scenes: the two years in OT school were some of the absolute best of life to this point {not so much the studying, but the adventures and friends made along the way}, graduation was much deserved and very much enjoyed, Boards...studied for a month and were still not so much enjoyed, but I PASSED! Getting my license so that I could actually put my knowledge and hard work to use was a smidge of a challenge, but I have that too. Last but most definitely not least, the JOB...check. I absolutely love my job. All the hard work and the work still to come is very much worth each minute and every penny.

The details: I'm working at Duke in outpatient pediatrics. In short...I get to play with kids all day. Booyah! But really, I do work and I love every minute of it.

When I'm not working: I'm living somewhere between the east coast and TN with a Moose who is so big now he will be getting his own update. Life is flying by {seriously, it's October} and I'm just holding on waiting to see what the Lord has around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment