Friday, October 21, 2011

mr. moose

It's been a while since you've seen the "little" guy. Well, here is what I have to say...I'm glad I have not put on weight like he has. Mr. Moose went from 20 pounds to 130 pounds in a matter of 8 months. Yes he did. He is now the size of a full grown person and I still love him every bit as much as I did when I could hold him.

He likes to {and by like I mean he does} think he is still a lap dog and one to be held, but clearly no. Mr. Moose has a tendency when people are sitting on the couch to think, oh...I should join them. He has learned well from watching others, others being how people sit on the couch. Moose will literally turn around and sit his tush on the couch as if it we made from him. I tell him often...Moose, this was in fact NOT made for you. So he turns to his alternative...he sits his tush on your lap. Pleasant right? No. He is in the process of learning this is not appropriate nor tolerated behavior.

Moose goes to school once a week where he quickly became a local celeb. He now has two girlfriends {way to be a player} and several people in his entourage. He would. Despite all the paparazzi he seems to be learning what he is intended to learn. Side note: I was asked if he was for sale during his last appointment...NO, and back away sir or I will make you back away.

Moose's latest challenge {he has taken this on all by himself} is learning how to pee like a man. Can he be called that? Like a boy? A male dog? Anyways...learning how to pee with one leg all janky in the air. Currently: he canNOT do this. However that does not keep him from trying. So this is what has happened all around my neighborhood over the past week...Moose has attempted to pee with one leg propped and fallen, peed on himself...the sidewalk...the parking lot...the street...pretty much everything except what he was aiming for. He has also reserved his tank so that he can give this ample practice on each walk. Meaning he has also provided himself with ample opportunities {which he made GOOD use of} to embarrass himself on every walk.

None the less, Mr. Moose continues to be a local celeb having far more friends than his ever so loyal caretaker. Just one little sighting went like this. The scene: Moose and I walking to the mailbox. Man and his dog about 30 feet behind us. Eventually Moose and the other {much smaller} dog meet...sniff each other...become friends immediately. I say: Moose, be easy. {not because he is mean or aggressive, but honestly...he thinks he's a lap dog and therefore has NO idea how much bigger he is than the other little dogs} Man says: Oh! So this is Moose?! I've heard so much about him.

....of course you have. Who wouldn't have heard about the girl with the dog the same size as her running around town who doesn't know how to pee like a man...boy...male dog??

No comments:

Post a Comment