Saturday, April 16, 2011

senior roomies and copper pigtails

HELLO from North Carolina! The state that brought us flight so we can travel more efficiently. You are welcome for that. My new residence is with a sweet lady in her 80s...yes that is right. So I have thought for the past week that I have no internet. Funny thing is...when I asked if she had wireless I could connect to, she had no idea what I was talking about. Needless to say, her younger more in tuned nephew set up wireless that she does in fact use she just had no idea what it was. Love that. But more importantly, life with steph is back to running and no longer from the booth of McDonalds!

How is life different when living with someone your grandparents age. Conversations are MUCH different. So I have decided that in edition to sharing lovely shoes and the ever so exciting aspects of my life, I will now also be sharing the little snipits I'm learning from two generations back.

The scene: about 9pm and I'm headed to be (yes, I go to bed before her during the week. so I may be the old lady.) She is watching tv and I say goodnight when she says come here, I need to tell you something. This I know means it will be a while before I head to bed but surely could be anything under the sun she wants me to know. Not sure exactly how the convo began but it turned into her telling me about the last guy she dated and how wonderful he was. Then she started telling me about the random (at least I think) gifts he would give her. He would show up with turnip greens or other vegetables and things along that line. My favorite...the copper pigtail which is displayed on the desk in the living room. I'm still not exactly sure what it even is, but something that comes from when copper things are made.

Stay tuned for more exciting and very interesting snipits from life on Stuart.

No comments:

Post a Comment