Sunday, January 16, 2011

two down. ten to go.

Tomorrow week three begins. Week two...well it ended with a bang.

Pink slips and black eyes. Yes, that is right. I got kicked, punched, and scratched by a 96 year old (I'd like to use the word lady, but that hardly seems appropriate) woman. Managed to dodge the first few, but missed the last one. She got me right in the face. 96 years of great aim she has and boy does she know how to use it. Unfortunately that meant I spent all of Friday filling out 'the pink slip'. Such a joy. I tried the whole "I promise I will not sue your company and I feel fine" but that didn't fly. Too bad because I had to write several novels of just exactly how I lost to a 96 year old stroke patient in a wheelchair.

Things I learned from this dear patient. Never underestimate women who look fragile. 96 years is a long time for people to practice throwing punches. When the nurse says, "she just had her meds and should be fine now," use precaution, this may not be true.

Good things that came from Friday: it was the last day of the week. Sweet little 96 year old got discharged (found out later I was victim #2). Last but not least...they let me leave early to "recover" which meant I went to sonic and got a pedicure/manicure. You know I loved that! All in all, good week number two and looking forward to number three.

No comments:

Post a Comment