Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The BIG D.

So I made it! Welcome to Dallas.

So far I have noticed all things most different from home, the southeast, and what I love. For starters, Coca-Cola classic tastes different here and the water tastes slightly like dirt. @EmileeM can verify that both of these are true. The roads here, make no sense and the drivers...I have no comment.

Dallas did know how to bring in the New Year with style though. Huge buildings, massive crowds, several concerts, plastic champagne glasses (can you call them glasses?), and fireworks. I'll take that!

Being a tourist for the weekend was GREAT. Four story malls with Christmas trees big enough to need lights to warn off airplanes AND an ice skating rink. Cowboys stadium, enough said. By the way, the stadium is shaped and looks like a glass football (still hoping for Super Bowl tickets). Six Flags over TX, incredible. 6th Floor Museum and The Grassy Knoll (aka...where JFK was shot) was amazing.

Since my personal GPS left three days ago, I have successfully made it around town without the assistance of Charlene (the GPS) which I find a great accomplishment, note the terrible roads mentioned above.

The room has come together quite nicely and feels a little like home or as close as home can feel when it's roughly 800 miles away.

Work. Well it is work. But not quite so much work, rather just orientation for the past few days. Have to love that. Although I do love orientation because that means getting off early. Which means hitting up Sonic for happy hour. Thus Coca-Cola classic. I do love that.

Stay tuned as life in TX unfolds. I feel many stories for the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment