Thursday, August 12, 2010

the latest project

Living in an apartment, there are only so many rooms you can paint, or at least I think I can paint. That question never really came up, and of course I did not ask (I could not take no for an answer on this matter). Never the less, over the past year I have managed to paint almost every room in this place to better suite my personality. And with no rooms left to paint, I found something new to restore.

While driving out of my apt complex a few weeks ago, I saw a little piece of furniture that lost its home. Sad day, I thought. Or...great day for me...and the furniture! Yes, I brought the little thing home with me. After sneaking this into my car (I've been told it is illegal to take things from the curb, although I feel like I saved the garbage company some time) and drying it off from the rain storm it was abandoned in, this is what I started with...

Now this needs a little work, but not so much that it needed to be tossed curbside.

I was not a fan of the plain white color. Not a fan of the handles on the side. Nor was I a fan of the clear knobs. Still, all of this could be easily changed.

All I needed were the right knobs and the project would begin. Where did I find them? Antropologie. I do not have a picture of just them, but not to worry, they will appear on the finished product!

Once I found the knobs, I was well on my way to turn this someone else's trash into a sweet little treasure.

First things first, I got rid of the side handles, the clear knobs, and purchased new color that would suite me much better.

The first layer called for chocolate brown. A personal favorite.


Followed by crackle. Then came the best, ocean whisper.


Topped off with some adorable knobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment