Wednesday, September 22, 2010

{to the greatest dog}

If all dogs really do go to heaven, then heaven got a great one today. Meet Hershey. Thus far in life, she most definitely has been the best Christmas present I have received. She showed up as nothing but a huge fur ball sporting a red bow the size of her whole body.

She grew up way too fast as puppies always do, but brought with her nothing but joy. For ten and a half years Hershey has brought us smiles and laughter. She was such a smart dog...always getting Chopper, but mostly Buddy, into trouble. Quite the instigator. But none the less, just as great.

I could always count on her to be waiting for me when I got home. Nose between the fence, tail wagging, anxious to be let inside so she could jump, kiss, and welcome me properly. She always knew me. Even after being gone for years at school. If anything, the greetings only got better. She knew when I was coming and was always sad to see me leave.

We miss you Hersh. You were far more than anyone could hope for in a dog. Be good. Love you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment