Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the latest...

Yesterday I turned in my application to go on a medical missions trip to Misindi, Uganda. Words fail me in describing how excited I am about this trip. I will be going to Uganda with Palmetto Medical Initiative, a non-profit organization taking healthcare global. The trip takes place this May...just a few months away!

Even closer than May, on Friday I start my first fieldwork experience! Every Friday this semester I will spend the day in a memory care clinic. I get the priviledge to work with adults with memory problems. Should be lots of fun!

At the beginning of March I will get to do my first pediatric fieldwork, this I am VERY excited about!! Most of my excitement for this comes from the fact that I'm 98% sure that I should be a pediatric OT. I am not sure where I will be for this one, but it is a week long. My professor informed me today that he is still waiting to hear back from a place in KNOXVILLE about whether or not I can go there. Cross your fingers...I would love to be in Knoxville for a week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! OT school! Can I tell you how excited I am that you want to be an OT and do peds for that matter?! FYI- If Knoxville falls through, you have a place to stay in StL and I'm pretty sure I can hook you up at my workplace if you like working with kids and doing sensory integration! Let me know!!!!

    ReplyDelete